Job Posting: CJFE Gala and Events Intern
Term of contract: full-time, three-month internship
Location: Downtown Toronto
Remuneration: $1500 honorarium
Application Deadline: August 27, 2014
Start: September 9, 2013
DESCRIPTION OF HOST ORGANIZATION:
CJFE is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Toronto that works to defend and protect the right to free expression in Canada and around the world. To this end, CJFE engages in various activities, including management of the IFEX, a global network that defends and promotes freedom of expression, the Journalists in Distress Fund, the CJFE Gala: A Night to Honour Courageous Reporting, as well as special public events like World Press Freedom Day.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
The CJFE Gala and Events Intern will report to the CJFE Executive Director and be responsible for the following:
• Respond to email/telephone inquiries for ticket sales and other information about the event
• Track ticket sales, send out invoices, solicit information from sponsors including logos, ads, guest lists, meal requirements etc.
• Coordinate mailings, couriers, materials purchases, travel & accommodations & itineraries for award winners and other special guests
• Prepare for and take minutes for planning meetings
• Coordinate volunteers
• Assist with logistics for the photo exhibit at the Gala
• Research and writing duties as needed
• Create the Gala’s powerpoint presentation
• Administrative duties for CJFE as needed, including membership mailings etc.
HOURS: The position will start on Monday, September 8, and is a full-time position, ending on Friday, December 19. The standard work day is 7 hours, excluding lunch and breaks, to fall between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. However, some evenings may be required, especially closer to the event date (Dec. 3).
REMUNERATION: This internship position will receive an honorarium of $1500.