Job title: IFEX Online Editor
Term of position: Full-time regular
Desired start date: September 2014
Application deadline: 3 September 2014
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation Type: Salary
Canadian Journalists for Free Expression (CJFE) is seeking applications for the regular full-time position of IFEX Online Editor. IFEX is a global network of 95 member organisations that defend and promote the right to freedom of expression and information (www.ifex.org). The Secretariat of the IFEX network is based in Toronto and managed by IFEX member organisation CJFE (www.cjfe.org). CJFE provides a competitive salary and benefits program and a rewarding work environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Secretariat’s Information and Awareness Raising Programme aims to position IFEX as the go-to ‘smart hub’ for engaging target audiences in free expression issues, and leverages IFEX members’ advocacy efforts by processing, disseminating and showcasing their information as well as by producing original analysis of global relevance.
Job purpose: The IFEX Online Editor works to grow and enhance the profile and reputation of IFEX and its members and to build audiences for and engagement with free expression issues, guided by the communications goals and strategies as developed and articulated by IFEX. The priorities in this role are:
Duties and responsibilities of the Online Editor:
The IFEX Online Editor works within the IFEX Information and Awareness Raising team to:
* Develop, implement and evaluate website and social media strategy, within the context of IFEX’s overall strategic goals
* Manage aspects of the IFEX website, including:
* Coordinate and implement IFEX’s social media initiatives, including strategies to increase social sharing, social media stats analysis and reporting
* Develop and implement systems and strategies to measure and build audience engagement with IFEX
* Ensure consistent application of IFEX style
* Collaborate with the Communications Manager to develop creative ideas for online content for all IFEX programme areas
* Manage assigned budgets in cooperation with the IFEX Finance team and the IFEX Communications Manager
* Other duties as required
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications:
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and a statement of interest that includes the following information:
- Why you want to work at IFEX specifically and your understanding of freedom of expression issues
- Your background in editorial work, including projects that involved multimedia content, audience building, website and social media management and analytics.
Send your application via email by 3 September to email@example.com with "Hiring Committee: IFEX Online Editor" in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.